Skip to main content

Take Your Time, But Hurry Up!

Take your time, but hurry up! This is a line that someone I knew loved to tell any and everyone! Running a little late? No, problem. Take your time, but hurry up. He'd use this line on every occasion it applied. It would catch people off guard and often after digesting what was said, they would chuckle. He was kidding but not really. It was his humorous way of saying hurry up! It's time to go!

When it comes to changing your lifestyle to live healthier, I say, take your time, but hurry up! Time is against us. There is no time to waste, so let your journey begin today. Not everyone who needs to change their diet to a healthy diet is overweight, obese or morbidly obese. But what you eat everyday is unhealthy. You have a diet full of sugar, fried foods, red meats, processed foods and so much more. You don't have a balance of fresh fruits or vegetables. Some of you don't eat fruits or vegetables at all. How could you possibly be healthy?

You don't even drink water. You drink soda pops, coffee, tea, juices, and milk but no water. Your body needs water!

Let's focus on eating healthy. If you focus on eating healthy I believe weight loss is inevitable for those who are overweight. I ask anyone no matter your size or age. What are you putting into your body on a daily basis? You really are what you eat. If you constantly consume junk food, your body will reflect that of someone who eats junk food all the time. Give it time and you will see what your unhealthy diet is doing to your body. 


Don't take your time but hurry up! Change your diet today. Choose a healthier balanced diet that includes more fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, poultry and healthier food choices. This change isn't easy. It's a day to day struggle but I believe it's well worth the challenge in the long run. Let's endeavor to love our bodies and ourselves.



Lady Blogger


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can See it Now

My weight loss journey has been long and slow. I don't go to the gym. I do my own exercises. Sometimes in life things can become so overwhelming that exercise has to go to the bottom of my list. The  work I do 7 days a week, 12 hours a day is very demanding both mentally and physically. It's God that keeps me going. Even when I'm exhausted I know I can never give up and never quit!  My weight has come off slowly. The more weight I lose the harder it is to lose. For the longest time, I couldn't even see the weight loss. I still struggle with that everyday. I look in the mirror and I could swear I'm bigger than I was yesterday. I know it sounds ridiculous but the mind can play many tricks on us. I struggle to see how much smaller I am now than when I began this journey.  These days I'm thinking about putting myself in maintenance mode and giving myself an emotional break for a week or two. Maintenance mode is no intentional weight loss or weight gain. Just maintai

I Want to Eat When and What I Want!

I want to eat when and what I want! I truly do get tired of watching, planning and monitoring what I eat. This is the greatest daily challenge for me that is. I started this lifestyle change a few years ago and I get so tired of picking and choosing. I mean that's the nature of man, right? What I do to get over these rough patches? Yes, they are rough patches.  I change my weekly weight loss goal. My normal setting is 1 1/2 pounds a week. Trust me I probably never lose that much in a week but according to my calorie intake and the information in the MyFitnessPal Application that is my estimated expected weight loss. I will decrease my weekly weight loss goal so that I can consume more calories. This allows me to indulge in a craving.  Just eating any and everything without tracking the caloric impact is not wise at all and nor is it beneficial. It doesn't take much with me usually to satisfy a craving for something sweet or a dish that isn't a normal part of my diet. I do e

Food is Not a Comforter

I used to say that I was an emotional eater. Food is not a comforter. It does not relieve stress. It does not remove anxiety. Food cannot make you happy in life. Eating food in excess, however, will kill you! Yes, food can kill you. Excessive food intake means excessive pounds on your body. Excessive pounds can cause many health issues that can lead to an early death.  My Comforter is the Holy Spirit. I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. Food cannot offer me peace. If abused food can only offer me grief and suffering. We should all have the mindset to eat to live and not live to eat!  Unhealthy food choices can also cause many health issues. Daily intake of fast food, greasy fried foods, high in fat, red meats, pork,  sugary foods,  and desserts can also lead to many health issues as well. A healthy daily diet is important. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables contribute to a healthier you. A balanced diet is needed and necessary to help maintain a healthy lifestyle and a healthy yo