Skip to main content

Food is Not a Comforter

I used to say that I was an emotional eater. Food is not a comforter. It does not relieve stress. It does not remove anxiety. Food cannot make you happy in life. Eating food in excess, however, will kill you! Yes, food can kill you. Excessive food intake means excessive pounds on your body. Excessive pounds can cause many health issues that can lead to an early death. 

My Comforter is the Holy Spirit. I am a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. Food cannot offer me peace. If abused food can only offer me grief and suffering. We should all have the mindset to eat to live and not live to eat! 

Unhealthy food choices can also cause many health issues. Daily intake of fast food, greasy fried foods, high in fat, red meats, pork, sugary foods, and desserts can also lead to many health issues as well. A healthy daily diet is important. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables contribute to a healthier you. A balanced diet is needed and necessary to help maintain a healthy lifestyle and a healthy you.


Losing weight may improve some weight-related health conditions

For many people who carry excess weight, losing 5% to 15% of their total weight can improve some weight-related issues. A few of the health issues that can be related to excessive weight: Heart Disease, Prediabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Asthma, High Blood Pressure, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, High Cholesterol, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and Osteoarthritis. 

I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and High Blood Pressure. I don't have issues with Sleep Apnea anymore and I don't have the symptoms associated with High Blood Pressure like I used to as well. 

I have a much higher energy level. I'm able to do some light exercise for cardio benefits. I can walk and climb stairs with much more ease. Daily chores are easier to do and overall, I feel much better. The more weight I lose the better I feel. The lighter the load my body has to carry day by day.

Ladi Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can See it Now

My weight loss journey has been long and slow. I don't go to the gym. I do my own exercises. Sometimes in life things can become so overwhelming that exercise has to go to the bottom of my list. The  work I do 7 days a week, 12 hours a day is very demanding both mentally and physically. It's God that keeps me going. Even when I'm exhausted I know I can never give up and never quit!  My weight has come off slowly. The more weight I lose the harder it is to lose. For the longest time, I couldn't even see the weight loss. I still struggle with that everyday. I look in the mirror and I could swear I'm bigger than I was yesterday. I know it sounds ridiculous but the mind can play many tricks on us. I struggle to see how much smaller I am now than when I began this journey.  These days I'm thinking about putting myself in maintenance mode and giving myself an emotional break for a week or two. Maintenance mode is no intentional weight loss or weight gain. Just maintai

I Want to Eat When and What I Want!

I want to eat when and what I want! I truly do get tired of watching, planning and monitoring what I eat. This is the greatest daily challenge for me that is. I started this lifestyle change a few years ago and I get so tired of picking and choosing. I mean that's the nature of man, right? What I do to get over these rough patches? Yes, they are rough patches.  I change my weekly weight loss goal. My normal setting is 1 1/2 pounds a week. Trust me I probably never lose that much in a week but according to my calorie intake and the information in the MyFitnessPal Application that is my estimated expected weight loss. I will decrease my weekly weight loss goal so that I can consume more calories. This allows me to indulge in a craving.  Just eating any and everything without tracking the caloric impact is not wise at all and nor is it beneficial. It doesn't take much with me usually to satisfy a craving for something sweet or a dish that isn't a normal part of my diet. I do e